Today I have installed Liferay IDE in Eclipse Indigo using my Ubuntu 12.04 desktop. Here are the steps that I use.
- Install Eclipse Indigo(extract using archive manager). You can Download Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers here: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/indigosr1
- Run the Eclipse Executable file
- On Eclipse IDE go to Help and click Install New Software.
- On the Available Software Screen click Add… button.
- On the Add Repository screen type the following data for Name and Location field:
Name: Liferay IDE
- Click Ok.
- The Added repository will now be in added in combo selection box. And Liferay IDE will now be added in the Table. Select Liferay IDE and click Next.
- Click Next.
- Accept the terms and license agreement and Click Finish.
- Plugins will now be downloaded and installed.
- After plugins download and install, accept that the content is unsigned by clicking OK.
- Restart eclipse.
- After you restart, go to Help then click About Eclipse and the Liferay Icon badge will be shown.
I hope that helps. 🙂
Credits to: http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/