Now we already have an Liferay IDE, and SDK plugins in our Eclipse. We will now setup the Liferay Portal 6.1 Bundled with tomcat(you can choose any servlet container or web server, for this tutorial I will choose Tomcat). Here are the steps:
- Download Liferay Portal 6.1 in this link: http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/available-releases
- Extract the File in your selected folder.
- In Eclipse. Go to Go to Window > Preferences > Server > Runtime environments.
- Click Add to add a new Liferay runtime and find “Liferay v6.1 (Tomcat 7)” under the Liferay, Inc. category and click Next.
- Click Browse and select the location of the liferay-portal-6.1.1.ce.ga2 directory.
- The Liferay Tomcat Directory field will now be populated. Click Finish. .
- Liferay portal runtime is now available in the list of runtimes in the preference page.
- Click Ok to save the runtime preferences.
- We will now add the Server. On the servers tab, right click and select New.
- Find the Liferay, Inc category and select the Liferay v6.1 Server and choose the Liferay v6 Runtime that we had previously created.
- Click Finish. Liferay Server is now available.
- Start the Server.
- Once the server is started. We can now access our Liferay Page by typing this address in web browsers: http://localhost:8080/
Hope it helps. 🙂
Credits to: http://www.liferay.com/documentation/